March 10, 2017

More of YOU – A Simple Watercolor Card


Hello everyone! Today I have a very simple water color card made with the stamp set from November Faith Art Kit,Creative Retreat. This card was published on their blog way back in November, 2016 and I literally forgot to share here! Better late than never! ;)


Do you know what is the beauty of the clear stamps? 
You can bend it, stretch it and straighten it the way you want to. Here I did the same – I took the leaf vine stamp, straightened it and stamped it onto the paper.


How to achieve a simple water color look on to your projects : Distress Inks and a water color paper works best for this technique. I used Peeled Paint and Festive Berries distress inks. Simply ink up your stamp with the ink, spritz some water and stamp it directly on to the card base. And there you’ll have it ‘a simple water colored image’ :)


After stamping a bunch of leaves and dotty flowers, I stamped the sentiment with a black ink, added splatters of black and gold paints and I let the panel dry completely. Finally added a strip of golden washi tape at the end of the main card base and adhered the water colored panel on top of it with the help of Red Sticky Tape!

And that pretty much finishes the card for today. I have made a video for you from start to finish showing you the method of adding simple water color look to your cards/projects.


Thanks for visiting! See you soon :)

3 comments: