April 15, 2017

You Octopi My Heart


I like to make interactive cards but due to time constraint I seldom make them. But if I decided to create one, I choose the simplest design! I am choosy that way! :P So for my today's card the interactive element is going to be Action Mini Wobbles. I told you I choose simple designs but this card literally took me two days to complete. Fussy cutting and No Line Distress Water coloring are another highlights on this card! :) 


CARD DETAILS

I started by ink blending the background with Black Soot, Chipped Sapphire and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks and I blended the inks over and over again until I am happy with the results. Then I added splatters of water and picked up the excess with a tissue paper for some beautiful texture. This already looks like deep down in the ocean ( never been there but have an idea from the pictures). To add more depth and interest I added splatters of white paint - Picket Fence and Stardust Stickles.


To resemble the plants in the ocean (seaweed) - I stamped the Octopus from You Octopi My Heart | Lawn Fawn in Peeled Paint Distress Ink and colored only his tentacles. To add more depth, I mixed Peeled paint + Black Soot and colored over again.


Fussy cutting the tentacles is really a tedious part as it is very intricate. I adhered the tentacles (ocean plants) in two groups. To add more interest I adhered glass beads from Prima at the bottom of the ocean plants (tentacles). I really like how they turned out! :D


Next I stamped the Octopus in Festive Berries Distress Ink on a piece of white card stock and distress water colored him as well. Fussy cut him, placed the Mini Wobble behind him and adhered him onto the card base. 


Lastly stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink and heat embossed it with Zing White Embossing Powder and finished the card off by adding a few sparkling clear sequins. And I didn't miss the heart this time also! ;) added next to the sentiment.


This is how Mr.Octopus Wobbles.. Wobble, Wobble, Wobble... Haha! :) I hope you liked the card. I am entering this card for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #2 - Interactive Cards. Thanks for stopping by! :)


4 comments:

  1. Very cute interactive card :) love the adorable lil octopus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such chweet octopus he is!!! I love the deep down ocean like and all those clever tentacle plants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your fussy cutting on this card is amazing!! and so clever to use the octopus to create seaweed as well! thank you so much for joining us at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. Campfire Pens

    ReplyDelete