March 5, 2018

YOU ARE MY FAVORITE CARD | SIZZIX LIFESTYLE


'You Are My Favourite' said Mommy Giraffe to baby Giraffe. Baby Giraffe was so happy (look at those smiling eyes). Mother's love is great, nobody can measure it! :) This card features the Giraffes Thinlit Die set and it is layered die set. 


Products fro Sizzix Lifestyle


CARD MAKING DETAILS

This card measures 5x4 which is smaller than the regular card size. Some how I like this sized cards because the images fit perfectly and I think it's kind of cosy! You know what I mean!? :) I trimmed another panel smaller than the main card base and applied Camlin Water Colors (these are school water colors but they are so richly pigmented) in Pink to the panel, in a gradient manner and let it dry for sometime. I like adding splatters of paints so I went ahead and added splatters of black paint with a paint brush.


I die-cut the giraffes out of white card stock and water colored them with Yellow color. I placed the layer die-cut over the giraffes, die-cut it, layered it with black card stock behind. I adhered them with glue and stamped the sentiment from Altenew in CP Designs Midnight Ink


I also added details on face with black permanent marker (love those sweet faces) and foam mounted it on top of the main card base. Also embellished it few sequins from Mudra.

FOR CHALLENGES
And that's all for today. I hope you like my card. Are you wondering about the photo backdrop? It's just a printer paper used for other projects as a base to protect my work surface. It thought it was colorful and funky! So I used it as a photo backdrop. :)


5 comments:

  1. Love your background - so cool. So happy you could join in the fun at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These two giraffes fit together perfectly! Beautiful card, Deepti = thanks for sharing with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those giraffes are adorable, and fit together so well. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so pretty with the colors you used, Deepti! Mother and baby...a perfect fit! :)
    Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete